Monday, April 30, 2012

Lots of pictures!

I know, I know, that really wasn't a brilliant title. But it's pretty accurate, given the nature of this post! In a moment I'm going to bombard you with my poultry photography, and you're going to love every moment of it (and if you don't love it, I'll unleash Turtle the Insane Easter Egger upon you).

Yikes!
Yikes is still very much alive. I often think that she'll outlive every single bird in our flock, including the ducks. She's such a tough old lady!

Charlie and Jazz
The ducks are all grown up now, of course. They lay about three eggs a day, so the refrigerator is always full. 

Kooshie
Kooshie still loves to fly up onto my arm. I'd be happier about this habit if I wasn't constantly feeling like she does it to spite Turtle.

Turtle
And Turtle is in love with humans in general and me in particular. She loves to be cuddled. I can never decide whether I should be charmed or terrified by her adoration!

Patience
Patience is Lord Firestar's son. He was hatched last August. Lord Firestar likes to chase him around, but never actually hurts him as far as I can tell.

Champion
Champion and Sparkle Sparkle are Patience's sisters. I'd go into more detail about their relationship with him, but it's kind of creepy. What can I say? They're chickens.

Droplet and Flower
These guys are virtually identical. I can't tell them apart most of the time. Please don't hate me.

Lady Sandstorm
Lady Sandstorm is perfect. And charming. And saner than any of her children. I love her.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk didn't inherit her mother's sanity. She's currently broody again, as is Yellow.

Lord Firestar
He might be even more perfect than Lady Sandstorm.

I hope at least some of these pictures made your day a bit better! I know they improved mine.

7 comments:

  1. haha!!! loved the chooky pics and captions. Sounds like you have some cheeky chickens! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your babies... all of them are sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I'm glad that you both like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so FOWL! Love the chickens and ducks. Love their names. I too name my birds, my goats, my cats and, of course, my dog. This week I lost "Black Hawk" my one remaining Plymouth Rock hen. It appears a weasel got into the hen house. It breaks my heart to lose one of my girls. It is good to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. None of my chickens are sane... Not even Henny, the oldest hen of our flock. She is more sane than any of my chickens, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No surprise that Lord Firestar has produced some absolutely stunning offspring! :D
    Turtle looks like she's thinking, "Here... Get my good side."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.