Thursday, May 6, 2010

Drama, Terror, Crying, and Blog Improvement

Yes, that title is accurate!

The Drama, Terror and Crying took place a week or so ago when the people who are taking care of the Big Girls emailed us with some terrible news:  One of the Easter Eggers had gotten stuck in the electric fence!  The poor hen (who we later learned was probably Kooshie) had her eyes shut and wasn't moving.
  Fortunately, she recovered.  She's okay now and is living with the flock again!  Yay!  Here is the thread I posted on BYC.



Now, on to the Blog Improvement part of the title.  I've been doing some spring cleaning including:
  1. Removing old polls
  2. Putting all the links onto one list
  3. Moving the list of my birds onto its own page
  4. And so on, and so on, and so on.


And, for your viewing pleasure, I present some photos of my silly flock:

Lady Sandstorm, Queen of broody hens.



Lady Sandstorm, Chipmunk, Yellow, and Help, united in their wish to hatch eggs.



Lord Firestar vents his feelings.  He doesn't like me being boss bird.

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes believe our chickens have as many lives as cats. Literally having pulled one of my hens out of the mouth of a dog and believing my fowl friend was near death, it was up and moving around again in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the links to the other pages?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I deleted the other pages. Whatever happened to them, they were probably very out of date! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.