Friday, October 16, 2009

Poultry fashion show

Because barely anything has happened lately, I'm doing a beauty contest.  Here is almost every chicken we've owned so far (except the cockerels, I didn't see any good pictures of them sitting around).  Please tell me who you think is the prettiest:


Yikes: Dainty Black Star hybrid.


Cutie-Pie: Big tough Gourmet Black hybrid.


Bluestar: Frail but pretty Gourmet Black.


Cheeseball: Gentle (dead) Red Ranger hybrid.


Sleeve-Eater: Gentle, frowning Gourmet Black.


Snowneck: Big, deep-voiced Gourmet Black.


Mouse: Cute (dead) Gourmet Black.


Trespassers: Glorious (dead) Partridge Cochin.


Mookie: Sweet Buff Orpington.


Kooshie: Happy Easter Egger mutt.


Turtle: Adoring Easter Egger mutt.


Juliana: Cool Salmon Faverolles.


Lord Firestar: Kind Serama.


Lady Sandstorm: Hair-loving Serama.


Chipmunk: Flight-happy Serama.


Yellow: Sweet miniature Mookie Serama.


Help: Cute and dumb Serama


Egglantine: Pathetic, whiny baby.

Results will be posted on Halloween unless I forget.  So comment before October 31 if you want a certain chicken to get the prize!  If no one comments, I will decide who wins!

7 comments:

  1. Hard choice, I think Chipmunk has to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, all so cute! But my vote goes to Chipmunk, she looks so gorgeous in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diificult - but Kooshie is my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Snowneck's picture is so dramatic, but I'll give my vote to beautiful fire-feathered (and dead) Tres ....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.