Friday, October 9, 2009

My friends!

Not my human friends though.  This IS the evil internet after all!  But here are some of my best friends.... including a few you've never met!

Puff-Puff

Puff-Puff (better known as Puff) was a great hunter. She liked showing off all the mice she caught! We always praised her and told her how clever she was. Such a sweet cat! Puff loved people.

Silly

Silly was my hamster. He/she was a nice pet as long as you didn't disturb him/her during the day! One of my former human friends made this mistake! Nobody ever did that again as long as Silly lived!

Snowneck

Sweet, gentle Snowneck was a vicious beast as a pullet. She often pecked at us or bit us. Fortunately she quickly grew out of that and became a wonderful friend.

Kooshie

Kooshie is a great hunting hawk. She isn't actually a hawk but she flies up like one! A very silly and sweet bird.

Lord Firestar

Perhaps the nicest rooster ever hatched, Lord Firestar is a good friend.  He tolerates a lot of hugging!  Occasionally he helps me with my blog posts!

QuackStar

Remember Quackie? He flew away a while ago but we still think about him a lot. He was a very funny duck, especially when he waddled around our house, feet thwacking on the floor!

Chipmunk

Chipmunk is my newest best friend! She is very funny and cute.  She is a co-author of Mookie and Kooshie.

So there are a few of my best friends!  Of course, I like all of my animals, not just these ones.

5 comments:

  1. I love to look at snowneck pictures, such a nice looking hen, it would be totally cool to have a hen like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your Grandpa Bill that Puff is rubbing against? Fond memories of visiting Puff and even painting a portrait of her when I visited Vashon.

    Silly and Snowneck are familiar names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody-but-us-chickens: Thank you! If I start breeding birds like her, I'll remember to tell you!

    Joyce: I'm not sure. It might be. Puff was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful friends you have!
    I found your blog through Chicken Boys and would like to link yours to mine. That way it will be much easier for me to visit you regularly...

    ;-)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Go ahead and link if you want! What's your blog by the way? I would like to know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.