Thursday, September 10, 2009

Three cockerels


It looks like the egg is still developing! Unfortunately, we have discovered that Black, Gold and Knight are definitely roosters. That means we need to sell them or kill them soon. My dad had some...unique suggestions for how to kill them which I would prefer to leave unwritten. I put an ad in Backyard Chickens (Chicks and Chickens-buy sell trade) but no real responses yet.

I have a bit of good news, too. I now have pictures which are inspiring enough to make into a ChickenTales adventure!

2 comments:

  1. It's such a shame for cockerels! The world of hen certainly favours the females.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know. They're kind of cute but... one rooster is plenty! I'm pretty sad about having to kill them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.