Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Adventures in the great outdoors

Lady Sandstorm and her chick are now leaving the Eglu a bit! Egglantine has lots of tantrums when they go out. Oh, and Eggie can fit though the wire of the run. Whee. So we had to lock them up while we drove about looking at chickens.

Our first stop was a nice little feed store where we saw some cute chicks. We were very tempted. Fortunately, we made it out without aquiring any new flock members.
Then we visited a little chicken yard in the middle of nowhere. There were a few goats. And a cute Barred Cochin rooster.
After that, we visited a tourist type of farm. There were lots of birds~from pigeons to geese~but some of them had problems. A few had scaley leg mite, one had bumblefoot.... But the guineas were funny and we saw this HUGE rooster! Oh My God, he was the biggest chicken I have ever seen!

Then we came home. That trip was actually pretty boring so I left out the non-chicken parts. You really don't want to know how many people I saw. Boring stuff.
From Plain Old Chickens

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I found this blog from Horsefeathers. I thought it was cool! I read every,almost, post! Some of them I skipped! But I read every post from the beginning! I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am so happy to hear that you love my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I often find my hens more interesting than people LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.