Thursday, April 30, 2009

Serama Egg!


Today we got our first Serama egg!
They are currently serenading us with a squeaky "bok-bok-bok-b'GACK!" since it seems Lord Firestar believes he layed the egg as well. Watching them "lay" together was fun; Lord Firestar chose a spot and showed her it by pretending to be a hen (sitting in the corner chupping). It took a long time for Lady Sandstorm to lay but when she was done one of them (probably Lord Firestar) rolled it out into the open area for us!
I doubt that they meant to make it easy for us to take it away.
Too bad we don't have an incubator yet!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your post in my search about chickens. We just got our first baby chicks 10 weeks ago and it has been quite the adventure! I love your posts on the eggs and I am so looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.