Sunday, March 8, 2009

Home is where the hens are


Yikes is good at capturing your heart. She knows how to act very silly.
So yesterday we got back from our trip.
First I would like to tell you about some of the great birds we saw: At a feed store in California we got to see Naked Neck Turkens, buff Silkies, gamecock chickens and some very cute chicks (also rabbits, guinea pigs, various rodents and quite a few ornamental pet birds).
In Washington we saw a beautiful swan, a few geese of unidentified breed, ducks (Mallard?), a little Red Jungle Fowl cock, silver laced Wyandottes, Australorps...The list goes on and on.
Yes, we got to see family and friends too but this is a chicken blog, remember?

We were happy to find that all of our 11 remaining hens are still alive.

2 comments:

  1. The feed stores around here don't sell chicks or any other small animals so I never get to see anything interesting like you did, they will order for people however. I have never been a fan of the Naked Necks, I guess to me they look like they have something wrong with them.

    Nice flock of hens you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings from Great Britain
    lovely blog!
    best wishes
    john

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting replies!



If you have a chicken question, I highly recommend that you visit BackyardChickens.com. There are some brilliant people there, and they can almost certainly answer your questions better than I can.